Thursday, July 19, 2007

An example of using DVOs for parental alienation

I am posting an account of one Dad about a DVO charge against him, which had no justification in the first place, and which he is struggling to have removed.

If anybody thinks that women do not regularly use false accusations of domestic violence to have DVO charges laid against the Dad to minimise the child's contact with the father, then they are either naive or in denial.

"I do not know this for a fact, but I have been told by some people here in Western Australia not to make a report to the police about being abused by your wife. If you do the police will remove me (the victim) and I will be prevented from going back home. This is because they believe the children are still far safer with the abusive woman/mother than they would be with the father.

"This was a question I had asked some people before my ex went and got the restraining order out on me. Apparently Western Australia has a more draconian set of Domestic Violence laws than the rest of the country. This is a problem we all have to suffer when we have politicians in positions of great power with gender-biased agendas.

"So, I followed the advice and did nothing, but my ex-partner went and made a report against me ! and I ended up DVO.

"On the 30th of this month (July), I am in court for the very first time since the order was taken out against me 18 months ago, with an application to cancel the DVO.

"I do not feel confident, but I just cannot see how they can keep this order against me when the ex has not one shred of evidence against me that I have committed any acts of domestic violence against her or our children.

"Obviously I will be on my own in court and I am facing a female magistrate who apparently has a reputation for giving women what they want and caning men.

"I will try to not believe that until she has behaved that way toward me, because I normally do not judge a person until I have met them myself, and I see no reason to change now.

"So, I am going to be pointing out the fact that my ex-partner has no proof, and that the children are suffering terribly, because of her use of the DVO to control and silence me".PG

No comments: